Travel spending in Rialto has been an issue for years. At one time it was so bad that City Council had to request a special audit and change policies that allowed Elected Officials in Rialto to take what many called lucrative vacations at the cities expense. Since Councilman Ed Scott came back to the council things have began to move back towards the old days.
Now we ALWAYS question travel because we never see ANY benefit for it. Nobody gives a briefing on what they learned at the training and even when the city goes to ICSC the International Convention for Shopping Centers where developers meet protective cities we still get Mc Donalds, Chipolte (2) more tire centers and fast food like Carls Jr and Wendys. Where is our innovative development? Is the In and Out pad or last and only option?
Now we have used the years of advocating for the public to understand each line item of most expense request forms but this is another example of the we don’t care how your money gets spent attitude.
- First off is we pay people very good money to fill out a simple form and apparently Commissioner Britt is stuck in a time warp of some sort because his whole week is stuck in one day Tuesday, March 10, 2016 – Friday, March 10, 2016
- Second is this part of the form Individual requesting travel and/or training authorization: you see in speaking with Mr. Britt he knew nothing of this form or even some of the money that is being requested on his behalf.
- So the $265 & $495 are the registration fees for this event ok that’s easy.
- Meals are $95 ok……….
- Only one Commissioner is getting lodging at the cost of $400 for a Conference in Long Beach?
- Thank God nobody is flying to Long Beach
- What is that $80 other charge? It is for a Reception & Banquet? How does this bring value to Rialto? Why are my tax dollars being spent this way?
- What will the commissioners be doing at this conference?
?????Love, Companionship & Intimacy for Today’s Senior?????
Most of these are at an additional cost:
Love, Companionship for Today’s Senior (3/8/16) $24
NAYS Youth Sports Administrators Academy (3/8/16) $376
From Coves to Marketplaces – Anaheim Walking Workshop (3/8/16) $36
More to Aquatics Than Just Water (3/8/16) $48
Mini SuperCal: Energizing Supervision (3/8/16) $48
There is a Mayors Session I wonder if Mayor Robertson will be at this one?
All three days is full of workshops with additional costs you can view them here file:///C:/Users/Marketing/Downloads/Conference_Registration_Form.pdf
The people of Rialto need to start asking for more accountability when it comes to our money. What does this provide for Rialto? Who else is going? How many PAID staff are attending this Conference and are they staying in hotels too?
If this upsets you please email these people:
Perry Brents – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Story – email@example.com
Councilman O’Connell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayor Pro Tem Baca – email@example.com