So those of you using water services its time to listen up. It appears there is a “Public Hearing” scheduled for tomorrow in regards to the financial performance of Table Rock Capital & the performance of Veolia as our water & waste water provider. What you didn’t know? Well that’s because someone at city hall doesn’t want you there. The meeting was hidden in the city calendar with no title unless you click the highlighted date. Even then it only states that its a special council meeting. Then you must dig through the confusing agenda procedure to find the agenda (here is the link) https://rialto.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
Oh and don’t worry everything is very confusing and hard to understand so here are the last minute bullet points we were able to pull out.
- The spending is and was out of control, money is going into local consultants pockets to the tune of around 8 million dollars.
- RUA reserves were depleted to the tune of 3.4 million dollars.
- Your rates have gone up to cover infrastructure costs yet no improvement have been made and the ones that have been scheduled have been delayed again.
- Veolia has spent your money moving into a new building and delayed doing their jobs.
- Veolia claims your customer service problems are minor and not an issue.
- The main reason for this agreement was to have the money to shut down the airport for a Target Shopping center is a thing of the past as Target has been out of the deal for years.
- From all appearances we are stuck with this deal until 2042!!!!!!!!!!!
- City Clerk Barbara McGee refused to honor the communities petition.
- Table Rock Paid 1 million more than necessary to remove American Water from the agreement.
Does anyone have the presence of mind to call Table Rock Financial and Veolia on the carpet for what they have done and not done? Are you tired of paying more money for below par service and a company that has worst customer service than the Ca. DMV? Well tomorrow you have the right and ability to have your questions answered or air the horrible customer service that Veolia really provides the customers in Rialto.
6/16/14 @ 6pm
Can’t Make the meeting follow us on twitter http://www.twitter.com/rialtosnow follow #RialtoWaterReport
You can watch online at http://rialto.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=4
Rialto Network staff are the Customer Service liaisons between the Citizen’s of Rialto and Time Warner Ch. 3 & AT&T Ch. 99 for Cable issues and can be reached at (909) 421-7235.
Approving the final financing table rock
Veolia’s 1st year performance