The very successful Area Command meetings are back with a ever so slight tweak. Instead of having four meetings they have combined two areas and made two meetings. When Area Commanders were asked about this change it was done this way to kick off the program and brings the areas together as they introduce a new Virtual Neighborhood Watch Program and other items better given to large groups. This combining of groups should benefit the community because people benefit from hearing other community members concerns.
Some things to expect at the first meeting of 2014 are:
- Introduction of the Next Door virtual neighborhood watch program.
- Access to city department heads like City Administrator Mike Story.
- Receive up-to-date crime stats for the area in question.
- Network with other concerned residents and find solutions to ongoing and prior problems.
- Browse through the large amount of flyers and resources available via our city, police & fire departments.
This is an ongoing successful program run by dedicated professionals that care about the city and want to see positive forward movement in the city of Rialto.
For more information please refer to the flyer and the prospective area commander or go to www.rialtopd.com